St Dominic’s Catholic College was founded by the Dominican Sisters at Northcote in 1952 and later transferred to our present Henderson site in 1967. It continues the Dominicans’ proud 800+ year old tradition of service to education. Our Catholic Christian outlook on life and belief in the Gospel values underpin the spirit of our school, reflected in the caring attitudes of members of our community as they live their faith and in the formal religious and educational experiences offered.
Our Religious Education classes emphasise the ethos of the Dominican Order and while being fun and informative, also ensure that our girls will make informed decisions in their future lives and become mature Catholic women whose lives reflect their faith. Weekly Eucharistic celebrations and regular retreats for all levels involve everyone in the school, and students are welcome to use the chapel before and after school.